With COVID-19, online sales continue to grow. Having a website is therefore becoming essential for all businesses. To give you an idea of the impact that Covid-19 is having on online sales, here are some numbers from Statistics Canada:
- In May 2020, online retail sales in Canada accounted for $3.9 billion, which represents an increase of 99.3% over February 2020 and 110.8% over May 2019.
- The proportion of online sales for retail in April 2020 in Canada was 11.4% (vs. 3.8% in April 2019).
You haven’t yet had the opportunity to create your website to sell online? It’s not too late to make your digital transformation! If you are still hesitating, here are some arguments that might convince you 🙂:
- You can easily expand your customer base: 91% of Canada’s population uses the Internet!
- You will get to know your customers better: a website can store a lot of data about your clients, enabling you to better tailor your communications, offers and products/services.
- You’ll be able to target your customers more easily: with digital marketing and all the tools available to you, it’s much easier to target your customers.
- You will reassure your customers: a website, even a simple one, that describes your company and your products/services will strengthen your image and improve the confidence of your customers/prospects in you.
You will have a shop open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Enough to allow your shoppers who can’t make it to your store to shop, even at 4 a.m.!
Thinking about having an E commerce site for your business? Talk to us today.